Levetiracetam Tablets USP
(lee” ve tye ra’ se tam)
Look at this Medication Guide before you begin taking levetiracetam tablets and every time you obtain a refill. There might be new information. These details doesn’t replace speaking for your doctor regarding your medical problem or treatment.
What is an essential information I ought to learn about levetiracetam tablets?
Like other antiepileptic drugs, levetiracetam tablets could cause suicidal ideas or actions in an exceedingly few people, about one in 500 people taking it.
Call a doctor immediately for those who have these signs and symptoms, especially if they’re new, worse, or worry you:
- ideas about suicide or dying
- tries to commit suicide
- new or worse depression
- new or worse anxiety
- feeling irritated or restless
- anxiety attacks
- sleep problems (insomnia)
- new or worse irritability
- acting aggressive, being angry, or violent
- functioning on harmful impulses
- a serious rise in activity and speaking (mania)
- other unusual alterations in behavior or mood
Don’t stop levetiracetam tablets without first speaking to some doctor.
- Stopping levetiracetam tablets all of a sudden may cause serious problems. Stopping a seizure medicine all of a sudden may cause seizures that won’t stop (status epilepticus).
- Suicidal ideas or actions can result from things apart from medicines. For those who have suicidal ideas or actions, your doctor may look for other causes.
How do i watch out for early signs and symptoms of suicidal ideas and actions?
- Focus on any changes, especially sudden changes, in mood, behaviors, ideas, or feelings.
- Keep all follow-up visits together with your doctor as scheduled.
- Call your doctor between visits when needed, particularly if you are involved about signs and symptoms.
What exactly are levetiracetam tablets?
Levetiracetam tablets really are a prescription drugs taken orally which is used along with other medicines to deal with:
- partial onset seizures in people 30 days old and older with epilepsy
- myoclonic seizures in people 12 years old and older with juvenile myoclonic epilepsy
- primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures in people 6 years old and older with certain kinds of generalized epilepsy.
It’s not known if levetiracetam tablets are secure or good at children under 30 days old.
Before you take your medicine, make certain you’ve received the right medicine. Compare the name above using the name in your bottle and the look of your medicine using the description of levetiracetam tablets provided below. Inform your pharmacist immediately if you feel you’ve been because of the wrong medicine.
Levetiracetam Tablets, 250 mg are blue oblong formed biconvex film-coated tablets debossed having a deep break line separating ‘E’ and ‘10’ somewhere and plain on the other hand.
Levetiracetam Tablets, 500 mg are yellow oblong formed biconvex film-coated tablets debossed having a deep break line separating ‘E’ and ‘11’ somewhere and plain on the other hand.
Levetiracetam Tablets, 750 mg are orange oblong formed biconvex film-coated tablets debossed having a deep break line separating ‘E’ and ‘12’ somewhere and plain on the other hand.
Levetiracetam Tablets, 1000 mg are white-colored to off-white-colored modified oblong formed biconvex film-coated tablets debossed having a deep breakline separating ‘E’ and ‘13’ somewhere and plain on the other hand.
Who shouldn’t take levetiracetam tablets?
Don’t take levetiracetam tablets if you’re allergic to levetiracetam.
What must i tell my doctor before beginning levetiracetam tablets?
Before you take levetiracetam tablets, inform your doctor about all your health conditions, including should you:
- have and have had depression, mood problems or suicidal ideas or behavior
- have kidney problems
- are pregnant or intending to conceive. It’s not known if levetiracetam tablets will harm your developing fetus. Both you and your doctor will need to decide should you take levetiracetam tablets when you are pregnant. Should you conceive while taking levetiracetam tablets, speak to your doctor about registering using the United States Antiepileptic Drug Pregnancy Registry. You are able to sign up for this registry by calling 1-888-233-2334. The objective of this registry would be to collect details about the security of levetiracetam tablets along with other antiepileptic medicine while pregnant.
- are breastfeeding. Levetiracetam can pass to your milk and could harm your child. Both you and your doctor should discuss regardless of whether you must take levetiracetam tablets or breast-feed you shouldn’t do both.
Inform your doctor about all of the medicines you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal medicines. Don’t begin a new medicine without first speaking together with your doctor.
Be aware of medicines you are taking. Keep a summary of these to show your doctor and pharmacist every time you customize the medicine.
How must i take levetiracetam tablets?
Take levetiracetam tablets just as prescribed.
- Your doctor will explain just how much levetiracetam tablets to consider so when to consider them. Levetiracetam tablets are often taken two times each day. Take levetiracetam tablets in the same occasions every day.
- Your doctor may improve your dose. Don’t improve your dose without speaking for your doctor.
- Take levetiracetam tablets without or with food.
- Swallow the tablets whole. Don’t chew or crush tablets. Ask your doctor for levetiracetam dental solution if you fail to swallow tablets.
- In case your doctor has prescribed levetiracetam dental solution, make sure to ask your friendly phamacist for any medicine dropper or medicine cup that will help you measure the right amount of levetiracetam dental solution. Don’t use a family group teaspoon. Ask your friendly phamacist for instructions on ways to use the calculating device the proper way.
- Should you miss a serving of levetiracetam tablets, go once you remember. If it’s almost time for your forthcoming dose, just skip the missed dose. Go ahead and take next dose at the regular time. Don’t take two doses simultaneously.
- For an excessive amount of levetiracetam tablets, call the local Poison Control Center or visit the nearest er immediately.
What must i avoid while taking levetiracetam tablets?
Don’t drive, operate machinery or do other harmful activities until you are aware how levetiracetam tablets affect you. Levetiracetam tablets could make you dizzy or sleepy.
Do you know the possible negative effects of levetiracetam tablets?
- See “What is an essential information I ought to learn about levetiracetam tablets?”
Levetiracetam tablets may cause serious negative effects.
Call your doctor immediately for those who have these signs and symptoms:
- mood and behavior changes for example aggression, agitation, anger, anxiety, indifference, moodiness, depression, hostility, and irritability. A couple of people could get psychotic signs and symptoms for example hallucinations (seeing or hearing stuff that are actually not there), delusions (false or strange ideas or beliefs) and weird behavior.
- extreme sleepiness, tiredness, and weakness
- issues with muscle coordination (problems walking and moving)
- allergy symptoms for example swelling from the face, lips, eyes, tongue, and throat, trouble swallowing or breathing, and hives.
- an epidermis rash. Serious skin rashes can occur once you begin taking levetiracetam tablets. There’s not a way to inform if your mild rash will end up a significant reaction.
The most typical negative effects observed in individuals who take levetiracetam tablets include:
The most typical negative effects observed in children taking levetiracetam tablets include, additionally to individuals in the above list:
- acting aggressive
- nasal congestion
- decreased appetite
These negative effects can occur anytime but happen more frequently inside the first 4 days of treatment aside from infection.
Inform your doctor for those who have any side-effect that bothers you or that doesn’t disappear.
These aren’t all of the possible negative effects of levetiracetam tablets. To learn more, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Call your physician for medical health advice about negative effects. You might report negative effects to Food and drug administration at 1-800-Food and drug administration-1088.
How must i store levetiracetam tablets?
- Store levetiracetam tablets at 70 degrees, 15° to 30°C (59° to 86°F) from heat and lightweight.
- Keep levetiracetam tablets and all sorts of medicines from the achieve of kids.
General details about levetiracetam tablets
Medicines are occasionally prescribed for purposes apart from individuals indexed by a medicine Guide. Don’t use levetiracetam tablets for any condition that it wasn’t prescribed. Tendency to slack levetiracetam tablets with other people, even should they have exactly the same signs and symptoms you have. They might harm them.
Medicines Guide summarizes the most crucial details about levetiracetam tablets. If you’d like more details, engage with your doctor. You are able to ask your friendly phamacist or doctor for details about levetiracetam tablets that’s written for health care professionals. There is also details about levetiracetam tablets by calling 1-866-850-2876.
Do you know the ingredients of levetiracetam tablets?
Active component: levetiracetam
Inactive ingredients: corn starch, colloidal plastic dioxide, povidone, talc, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, titanium dioxide, polyethylene glycol, purified water and extra agents the following:
250 mg tablets: FD&C Blue #2/indigo carmine aluminum lake
500 mg tablets: iron oxide yellow
750 mg tablets: FD&C Yellow #6/sunset yellow FCF aluminum lake, FD&C Blue #2/indigo carmine aluminum lake and iron oxide red.
Medicines Guide continues to be authorized by the U.S. Fda.
Eliminate Medication Guide offered at: world wide web.aurobindousa.com/product-medication-guides
Aurobindo Pharma USA, Corporation.
2400 Route 130 North
Dayton, NJ 08810
Aurobindo Pharma Limited
Hyderabad-500 090, India